Interview with Lisa Tawn Bergren

I am super excited about posting this interview. Lisa Tawn Bergren is an author that will always hold a special place in my heart. It was her River of Time Series that got me hooked on books and those were the first books I reviewed on this blog.

Hope you will enjoy learning more about this amazing author as much as I did! P.S. I'd definitely recommend you to look up her books... :)




Author, Lisa Tawn Bergren
Where do you get the inspiration for your characters (their personality, looks, circumstances, etc,.)?
It all starts with a name. The right name seems to automatically give me a picture of each of them; but sometimes I find pics in magazines and then match a name to the model. Then I move into backstory--what made them who they are today.

Do you have a favorite male and/or female character from your books?
Lord Greco from River of Time--because he surprised me. He was supposed to be the bad guy and yet I feel a little in love with him. Gabi from River, and Andriana from Remnants are faves too; I think I always “become” the heroine in my novels so I can feel whatever they’re feeling, experience whatever they’re experiencing, etc.

Out of all the books you’ve written, do you have a favorite?
THE BEGOTTEN. Medieval. Italy. Epic, spiritual suspense. Enough said?

How does your faith influence your books?
For me, faith is a part of my whole life, so to not include some aspect of faith--even a little--would seem like it was missing a piece. I never try to preach. Just bring up the spiritual when it makes sense for the character/story.

Do you find it difficult to write dystopian-fantasy novels?
Difficult, no. Challenging, yes. Before REMNANTS, I’d always written contemporary or historical series. Creating a world from scratch, with no basis (either in personal knowledge or history books) was hard.

What message do you hope your readers get out of your books?
No matter what I write, I hope readers come away with a deeper sense of love.

What do you find to be the hardest thing about being an author?
Getting my butt in the chair to write.

What is your favorite thing about being an author?
Making stuff up and getting paid for it.

What does a typical day look like for you?
Rise at 7am. Coffee. Walk the dog. Shower. Facebook. Emails. Write. Work on ducks (RMrustic.com--our family business). Lunch. Grocery shop. More ducks. Facebook. More emails. Chill with the family. National news at 5:30. Dinner. Sleep by 10pm. zzzzz

What are two things that people might be surprised to know about you?
I’m an introvert and homebody. I’m perfectly content to be with just my family for days at a time.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher.

What’s the next book you're writing?
THREE WISHES: A River of Time California Novel (time-slip romance)
Thank you so much, Lisa Tawn Bergren for taking the time to do this interview!! I can't wait for your next books, Three Wishes and Remnants: Season of Glory. I'm so excited to know you're doing another time travel novel! <3 <3

No comments :

Post a Comment