New Releases: A Love Like Ours

I've been meaning to review this book for quite awhile now but as you can see I'm just getting to it. Even though its already been out for a couple months I decided I'd put it as a new release anyway. After all, it did come out this year. :)

Oh, and on a side note, isn't the cover gorgeous? You can learn some interesting behind-the-scene facts about it on Becky Wade's website. Here's the link: The Inside Scoop...




Book Title: A Love Like Ours
Publication Date: May 6, 2015
Publisher: Bethany House

Description:
Former Marine Jake Porter has far deeper scars than the one that marks his face. He struggles with symptoms of PTSD, lives a solitary life, and avoids relationships.

When Lyndie James, Jake's childhood best friend, lands back in Holley, Texas, Jake cautiously hires her to exercise his Thoroughbreds. Lyndie is tender-hearted, fiercely determined, and afraid of nothing, just like she was as a child. Jake pairs her with Silver Leaf, a horse full of promise but lacking in results, hoping she can solve the mystery of the stallion's reluctance to run.

Though Jake and Lyndie have grown into very different adults, the bond that existed during their childhood still ties them together. Against Jake's will, Lyndie's sparkling, optimistic personality begins to tear down the walls he's built around his heart. A glimmer of the hope he'd thought he'd lost returns, but fears and regrets still plague him. Will Jake ever be able to love Lyndie like she deserves, or is his heart too shattered to mend?


My Review:
I'd heard of Becky Wade before but for some reason I'd never picked up her books. After hearing so many good things about her I decided to read her newest book, A Love Like Ours, and give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

A Love Like Ours is a beautifully written story. I loved all the characters in the book. Lyndie was such a sweet and optimistic person and Jake had a personality that tugged at your heartstrings.

One of the things I loved most about the book was the prologue. Although only a couple pages long it was so good I was positive I would love the rest of the book.

Now after reading the third book in this series I HAVE to go back and read the first two. I'm definitely excited to read more about Ty and Celia's story. For any of you who were like me and hadn't made an effort to read Becky Wade's books I would highly suggest you do so. They are well worth your time.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Note: I received this book through NetGalley. http://netgalley.com

No comments :

Post a Comment