Harvest of Gold / Book 2

I hope the new year is going well for everyone and those who live in colder climates are staying warm. The last week has been really cold here, with the degrees being in the single digits. Maybe for some that's not very cold but I'm glad it's not usually so chilly here. One good thing about the cold, at least the snow won't melt. :) I'm thankful for that. For myself, when it snows I want it to really snow. The more the better; although maybe I should clarify that, the more snow the better [as long as we can still go to town to get groceries].
 
This is the last book of the Harvest Series. Next week I hope to start reviewing Melanie Dickerson's books. They're not really an official series but all the characters are interrelated so I'm just going consider them to be one. There are five books and each are a retold version of the Disney Fairy Tales: Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Frog Prince, and Sleeping Beauty. I was recently introduced to them and I really enjoy them. I hope you will too.
 
Have a great day!
 
 
 
 

Book Title: Harvest of Gold
Series: Harvest Series (Book 2)
Author: Tessa Afshar
 
Description: 
In Harvest of Gold (Book 2) the scribe Sarah married Darius, and at times she feels as if she has married the Persian aristocracy, too. There is another point she did not count on in her marriage-Sarah has grown to love her husband. Sarah has wealth, property, honor, and power, but her husband's love still seems unattainable.
 
Although his mother was an Israelite, Darius remains skeptical that his Jewish wife is the right choice for him, particularly when she conspires with her cousin Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Ordered to assist in the effort, the couple begins a journey to the homeland of his mother's people. Will the road filled with danger, conflict, and surprising memories, help Darius to see the hand of God at work in his life-and even in his marriage?

A hidden message, treachery, opposition, and a God-given success, will lead to an unlikely bounty.

 
My Review:
Harvest of Gold is the continuing story of Sarah, Darius, and Nehemiah. Sarah, is still learning to adjust to the role of being a wife when she finds out she is pregnant. Darius, has never learned to open his heart to others, especially his wife. Nehemiah, has left his position as cupbearer to the King of Persia and is leading the Israelites in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. When the three find themselves in the midst of danger and mystery within Jerusalem and the cities beyond can they rely on God to help them through it all?    
This book was definitely the most biblical of the two in the Harvest series. Nehemiah and the rebuilding of Jerusalem was a prominent part of the store. I think I still like the first book best but this one was good too. I was happy that Darius finally opened his heart to others and also that he became a part of the Israelites' faith--another great book to add to my shelf.  
My Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

No comments :

Post a Comment