Harvest of Rubies / Book 1

It's Christmas Eve Eve! :) We set up our Christmas tree this week and since the beginning of December the house has been filled with the yummy smell of Christmas goodies. It is such a special time of the year. Often though, we get caught up in the routines of decorating, shopping, baking that we forget the real reason why we celebrate. It's always amazing to think that over two thousand years ago our Savior came to earth as a baby! Sure, babies are born every day but this was no ordinary child; He was perfect, sinless, the Son of God, and the Savior of the world.
 
This picture is available as a desktop background on this link: Desktop Background
 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
 
 
 
Book Title: Harvest of Rubies
Book Series: Harvest Series (Book 1)
Author: Tessa Afshar
(one of my new favorite authors)

Description:
Sarah, the prophet Nehemiah's cousin, is Senior Scribe to the Queen of Persia - the only woman to have held such an important post in the Persian Empire. A genius who is more at home with scrolls and accounts than with people, Sarah finds her worth in her achievements.

After solving a particularly thorny plot, she loses the job that is at the center of her life, and finds herself married to a man who despises her. Through the heartache of loss, Sarah discovers the joys of friendship and the peace of God. To her astonishment, she learns that she has something to offer that is worth far beyond her ability with languages and sums. Her very being proves a blessing to others.

Can she win the heart of her stubborn aristocratic husband, whom she has grown to love?
 
 
My Review:
This was a fantastic book! I read in about three sitting. (It would have been less but there were things I really had to do.) It was almost unbearable to put the book down. :)
 
I loved Sarah's and Darius's genuine kindness for others. They had great character traits even with their flaws. Although Harvest of Rubies is the first of two I didn't feel like I was left off hanging. Not that I can't wait to continue their story, but I liked that it had a happy and almost complete ending. I really dislike when books don't have a happy ending. Makes me sad :(
 
Sarah's newfound relationship with God is really beautiful and I liked the analogy of the grape vines. Can hardly wait to read the next one, Harvest of Gold.
 
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

No comments :

Post a Comment