The Archer Brothers Series / Book 1

Hello everyone! I apologize for not posting in the last few weeks. The days have been passing by in a blur and I couldn't find any extra time. My sisters and I just got back from the Set-Apart Girl Conference at Ellerslie in Windsor, Colorado. Such a life changing experience. Definitely something I would recommend for you to look into.
(For more information visit: setapartgirl.com)
We're starting a new series this week, The Archer Brothers by Karen Witemeyer. I'm really enjoying reading the books she's written. I've read every single one of hers except Head in the Clouds which I have on my desk right now. I've also come across a new author, Mary Connealy, whose books I totally love. I'm sure we'll be reviewing some of her series in the near future.
 
As you may have noticed I've decided to take "my favorite book" off the sidebar. It's too hard to choose and to be honest I don't really know. I seem to have a new favorite book every week and sometimes twice a week. (It depends on how many books I read. I average about four to five a week :) The quote "I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens" is one to which I can totally relate. (By the way it's from the movie Ever After: A Cinderella Story when the girl is asked to choose a book from a library) Maybe I'll make a spot on the sidebar for my current favorite book.

I hope everyone has a week full of blessings.


Book Title: Short-Straw Bride
Series: The Archer Brothers
Author: Karen Witemeyer

Description: No one steps on Archer land. Not if they value their life. But when Meredith Hayes overhears a lethal plot to burn the Archer brothers off their ranch, a twelve-year-old debt compels her to take the risk.

Fourteen years of constant vigilance hardens a man. Yet when Travis Archer confronts a female trespasser with the same vivid blue eyes as the courageous young girl he once aided, he can't bring himself to send her away. And when an act of sacrifice leaves her injured and her reputation in shreds, gratitude and guilt send him riding to her rescue once again.

Four brothers. Four straws. One bride. Despite the fact that Travis is no longer the gallant youth Meredith once dreamed about, she determines to stand by his side against the enemy that threatens them both. But will love ever be hers? Or will Travis always see her merely as a short-straw bride?


 
My Review: Short-Straw Bride is a exciting, adventurous, and fun book. After reading a glimpse into the book on Amazon I could hardly wait to read the whole thing! The characters seemed so real and I couldn't help but feel drawn to this storyline. Meredith, the main person, was sweet and spunky! Two character traits I especially like in stories.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Would I recommend this book?
Yes. This book is for anyone who likes novels with a Christian and western theme, excitement, romance, and plenty of adventure. (ages 15+)

No comments :

Post a Comment