New Releases: Captured By Love

Book Title: Captured By Love
Publishing Date: July 1, 2014

A little bit about the book:
-Michigan Territory, 1814-
A voyageur and a young woman swept up in a time of upheaval and danger discover firsthand the high price of freedom.

The British Army has taken control of Michilimackinac Island and its fort, forcing the Americans to swear an oath of loyalty to the crown in order to retain their land. Pierre Durant is a fur trader who returns after being away from the island for years, only to find the family farm in shambles and those he cares about starving and at the mercy of British invaders.

Torn between the adventurous life of fur trading and guilt over neglecting his defenseless mother, Pierre is drawn deeper into the fight against the British--and into a relationship with Angelique MacKenzie, a childhood friend who's grown into a beautiful woman. She now finds herself trapped by the circumstances of war and poverty, and the cruelty of her guardian, Ebenezer Whiley.

As tensions mount and the violence rages on, Pierre and Angelique must decide where their loyalties rest and how much they'll risk for love.

My thoughts on this book: This book was so good I went through and read it twice in the same week! I have a weakness for books with French characters. Also Pierre is one of my favorite French names for guys. So you can imagine part of why I liked this book so much. :) Another reason why this book is one of my favorites is because Pierre fell in love with Angelique not because of her beauty but her character. He loved her because of her sweet and caring spirit. She was genuine and that's what made her beautiful. Not only was this book exciting, because of the interaction between the Americans and British, but it was also inspirational.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Note: I received this book on NetGalley. I recommend to check this website out. I can't imagine what I did before I came across this website!
http://netgalley.com

(this book is on my list of favorites and yes, if you're wondering, that list is quite long :)

No comments :

Post a Comment