Lowcountry Romance / Book 3

I hope everyone has enjoyed learning a little bit more about the Lowcountry Romance series. I also hope you are encouraged to read these books for yourself. I know I really enjoyed this series.

I recently came across a new author, Karen Witemeyer, whose books I am really enjoying.This week's book of the week is written by her. As you can see it's called the Short-Straw Bride. It's one of my new favorites too. After I finish reading the other books in that series I will review them. I'm looking forward to that.

Have a splendid week and enjoy the last few days of April!





Book Title: Dining with Joy
Series: Lowcountry Romance (Book #3)
Author: Rachel Hauck

Description: Joy Ballard has a secret: she’s a cooking show host who can’t really cook.

When her South Carolina-based cooking show, Dining With Joy, is picked up by a major network, Joy Ballard’s world heats up like a lowcountry boil.

Joy needs help. Then she meets chef Luke Davis who moved to Beaufort after losing his Manhattan restaurant. A cook at the Frogmore Cafe, he’s paying debts and longing to regain his reputation in the elite foodie world.

Luke and Joy mix like oil and water…until Joy is exposed on national television. With her career and his reputation both under fire, they’ll have to work together to fix the mess. Is it possible that they can learn to feast on God’s love and dine with joy?

My Review: Dining with Joy is probably my favorite book in this series. I really enjoyed the storyline. Joy's personality was funny, sweet, and caring. I thought it was amusing that she was the host of a cooking show but couldn't cook at all. I think what I liked most about this book was that it seemed funnier and livelier than the others in the series.


My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would. Although mostly for older teens and ages above.

No comments :

Post a Comment