Lowcountry Romance / Book 1

Hello everyone! As I sit here writing this post I'm also watching the snow that's been falling, non-stop, all day. So much for almost-summer weather. Last week-end was beautiful here in northwestern Pennsylvania. Degrees in the seventies with a small breeze and warm sun, my family spent all Saturday and most Sunday outside. Yesterday was in the sixties but last night it dropped thirty degrees and so today we're having another taste of winter. Basically in the course of ten hours this happened:


As I mentioned on last week's post I was debating between reviewing the series Lowcountry Romance or the Homeward Trilogy. By the title of today's post I guess you can see which series won. There are three books in the Lowcountry Romance series, Sweet Caroline, Love Starts with Elle, and Dining with Joy. The author, Rachel Hauck, is one of my favorite Christian writers. I've read quite a few of the series she's written. I am hoping to read her NashVegas series but unfortunately my library does not have a copy. I will have to find another way to read them.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day; even if your weather is rainy, snowy, or sunny.



Book Title: Sweet Caroline
Series: Lowcountry Romance   (Book #1)
Author: Rachel Hauck

Description: Caroline serves others with little time to enjoy the sweeter parts of life. Until her old boyfriend returns to town--and she's given a second chance at first love.

Life hasn't always been so sweet for Caroline Sweeny. She's sacrifice her desires for others--unlike her mother who abandoned their family years ago. But when a friend challenges her to accept an exciting job adventure in Spain, Caroline says "yes" to a new destiny.

But before she can pack her bags, Caroline suddenly finds herself the new owner of the run-down Frogmore Café--and forced to choose between her friends and her future.

Then her first love, Mitch O'Neal, returns home and encourages her to seek God's desires for her future. With his help, she may just discover the true sweet life.
 

My Review: Sweet Caroline was a well-written book with a great storyline. Although it wasn't as exciting as other books I've read, you will still enjoy reading this novel. I liked the character of Mitch O'Neal and, although I was a little surprised by her choice in the end, I liked Caroline Sweeny too. A great read book for anyone looking for a book with a Christian-based romance.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would. Although mostly for older teens and ages above.

No comments :

Post a Comment