No Other Will Do

Book Title: No Other Will Do
Author: Karen Witemeyer
Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Publisher: Bethany House

Description:
Men are optional. That's the credo Emma Chandler's suffragette aunts preached and why she started a successful women's colony in Harper's Station, Texas. But when an unknown assailant tries repeatedly to drive them out, Emma admits they might need a man after all. A man who can fight--and she knows just the one.

Malachi Shaw finally earned the respect he craved by becoming an explosives expert for the railroad. Yet when Emma's plea arrives, he bolts to Harper's Station to repay the girl who once saved his life. Only she's not a girl any longer. She's a woman with a mind of her own and a smile that makes a man imagine a future he doesn't deserve.

As the danger intensifies, old feelings grow and deepen, but Emma and Mal will need more than love to survive.

My Review:
Karen Witemeyer's No Other Will Do has everything you could ever want in a book! With a beautiful romance, ever present mystery, small-scale action, and humor infused in every situation, this book has earned a spot in my list of top favorites.

I'm usually hesitant reading books with a story-line of women's rights and gender segregation. As thankful as I am for the liberty women have now I don't enjoy reading books with the mantra "Women can do everything that a man can do and better...You don't need a man". This book did not have characters with a disparaging attitude towards men so my fears were put to rest. I really enjoyed the book after I was assured it wasn't that type.

I loved Emma and Malachi's relationship. They way they connected and their never-dying trust in each other made for an exquisite romance. Emma wasn't one of those gals who was a fragile doll and needed rescued. Yet, while being a strong independent woman she wasn't too proud to admit she needs help. She is a character worthy of imitation.

As always, Karen Witemeyer's books never fail to please. This book is a definite must read for historical fiction lovers!

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Note: I received this book through NetGalley. http://netgalley.

No comments :

Post a Comment