New Release: Risen


Book Title: Risen
Author: Angela Hunt
Publication Date: December 29, 2015
Publisher: Bethany House

Description:
Epic in scope, yet deeply personal, this novelization offers a unique perspective on the story of the resurrection. Roman Tribune Clavius is assigned by Pilate to keep the radical followers of the recently executed Yeshua from stealing the body and inciting revolution. When the body goes missing despite his precautions, Clavius must hunt it down.

His investigation leads him from the halls of Herod Antipas to the Garden of Gethsemane and brings him n touch with believer and doubter alike. But as the body still remains missing, Clavius commits to a quest for the truth--and answers that will not only shake his life but echo throughout all of history.

My Review:
I think this is my favorite book so far of Angela Hunt's. I absolutely loved it!! Reading about Christ's crucifixion and the events after through the eyes of a Roman solider gave me a lot to ponder about. I'm super excited to know that the movie, of which this book is based off, is coming out really soon. I can't wait to watch it!

The details in this book were excellent. I actually felt like I was there in Bible times. And I also felt that Angela Hunt stayed true to scripture fairly accurately.

If you're looking for a book in biblical fiction to read I would definitely recommend this book to you! To sum it up in one word, epic, awesome, fantastic... I know that was more than one word but you get my meaning I'm sure. ;)

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Note: I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in return for an honest review. http://bethanyhouse.com

This book is the novelization of the major motion picture, Risen...
Coming soon on February 19, 2016!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment