New Release: With This Ring


Book Title: With this Ring {A Novella Collection of Proposals Gone Awry}
Publication Date: January 5, 2016
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers

Description:
Love isn't always a fairy tale and it doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes the best stories, though, are the ones that are the most unexpected. Join Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, and Melissa Jagears for novellas that celebrate the power of love to triumph... even when circumstances go awry!

The Husband Maneuver
When ranch foreman Daniel Barrett seems ready to leave her life forever, Marietta Hawkins decides to grab the reins on their relationship. But to have any hope of maneuvering him into a proposal, she has to act fast or risk losing him completely.

Her Dearly Unintended
Josiah Huckabee just wanted to make sure Katie Ellen Watson was safe, but when the only bridge to her farm is washed out, the two find themselves alone. Alone, that is, until a menacing stranger appears. Maybe by pretending to be newlyweds they'll save their reputations- but can pretending to be in love turn into the real thing?

Runaway Bride
Hired to help Carrie Halsey escape from a dangerous man intent on making her his wife, Big John Conroy never expected the job to interrupt his solitary Texas Ranger life. But now that he's promised to keep Carrie safe, he discovers he may just want to make a few more promises.

Engaging the Competition
Harrison Gray and tomboy Charlotte Andrews have been rivals for years. With Charlotte intended for someone else, it seems they'll never settle their differences until an accident changes things completely. When Charlotte breaks Harrison's glasses--without which he's nearly blind-- she must help with his teaching position, and working together forces these former adversaries to reconsider everything.

My Review:
With just one glance at this book I already knew I'd love it. How could you not with such great authors writing it?!

I hadn't realized that most of the novellas were connected to previous stories. Once I recognized the characters, Daniel and Marietta from Karen Witemeyer's book, A Worthy Pursuit I was drawn into the story even more because I already felt a connection with them. Even though you could read these novellas as stand-alones I would recommend reading the authors' previous books too for more insight on the characters.

I enjoyed each of the novellas; my favorite being The Husband Maneuver. I loved that each of the stories had a western theme, as that time period is one of my favorites to read about. 

My thoughts on each novella:

The Husband Maneuver
I'm never disappointed with books by Karen Witemeyer. Her stories are sure to have well-developed characters, humor, an entertaining plot, and superb romance. This story was no exception.

Her Dearly Unintended
Regina Jennings' novella, Her Dearly Unintended, is humorous from the very beginning. I love to read stories that make me chuckle. I also appreciated the plot with the "mysterious stranger". It kept you guessing till the end.

Runaway Bride
I've read all of Mary Connealy's previous books and enjoyed each one. I had almost forgotten that John Conroy, who you know from the previous books, hadn't had his story concluded yet. I felt that maybe his and Carrie's relationship was rushed a bit. I didn't feel that way with the other novellas in this collection because the characters had a history together. That was basically the only thing I could fault in this whole novella collection though. :)

Engaging the Competition
I think what I liked best about this novella was the amount of the "Old West" that was incorporated into the story. The story, with the help of your imagination, painted a vivid and colorful western scene. While all the novellas had a western theme I would have to say that Melissa Jageurs' wins the prize for a fuller immersion into that time-period.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Note: I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in return for an honest review. http://bethanyhouse.com

No comments :

Post a Comment