New Releases: The Convenient Bride Collection

Book Title:
The Convenient Bride Collection
Publication Date: July 1, 2015
Publisher: Barbour Books

Description:
Join nine brides of convenience on their adventures in a variety of times and settings gone by—from a ranch in California…to the rugged mountains of Colorado…to a steamship on the Mississippi…to the dangerous excitement of the Oregon Trail…into high society of New York City. No matter the time or place, the convenient brides proceed with what must be done, taking nuptials out of necessity. . .and never dreaming that God might take their feeble attempts to secure their futures and turn them into true love stories for His glory.

Novella Titles:

The Substitute Wife by Amanda Barratt
One Way to the Altar by Andra Boeshaar
 with Christina Linstrot Miller
Keeper of My Heart by Mona Hodgson
Blinded by Love by Melissa Jagears
Bonnets and Bees by Maureen Lang
A Groom for Josette by Gabrielle Meyer
Wedded to Honor by Jennifer Uhlarik
A Bride for Bear by Erica Vetsch
Have Cash, Will Marry by Renee Yancy

My Review:
The Covenient Bride Collection contains nine delightful stories of Christ-like love. My favorite story was probably, The Substitute Wife by Amanda Barratt; although it was a close tie with a few others.

One of the things I really liked about The Substitute Wife was that Raymond fell in love with Grace, not because of her looks but because of her inner beauty. Most books portray their main characters to be quite beautiful in appearance; not that I mind that, who despises beauty?, but it was nice to have a change.

I liked most of the books but some of them seemed rushed. Yes, I know that the authors had to write a whole story in a short novella but falling in love in only four days?! That didn't seem realistic, even to me and I consider myself a romantic. A few others were like that too and that's probably the reason that I didn't enjoy them as much as the others.

Other than that, they were all pretty good stories. I was glad that they all had their own unique plot. None of them had the same storyline and, besides the fact that they were all marriages of convenience (obviously), there weren't any really obvious similarities--A fun collection of stories that you're bound to enjoy!

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
It's hard to judge nine different books under one rating... each book was a little different but to rate it overall I'd have to go with three stars.

Note: I received this book through NetGalley. http://netgalley.com

No comments :

Post a Comment