New Releases: The Creole Princess

You might remember the book I reviewed quite a few months ago, The Pelican Bride, well this book is the second in the series. The main character, Lyse, is the great granddaughter of Tristan and Genevieve Lanier. I really enjoyed how Beth White, the author, mixed romance and war history into a great read. I hope you will too.




Book Title: The Creole Princess
Publication Date: March 31, 2015
Publisher: Revell

Description:
Torn between loyalties to family and flag, one young woman is about to discover that her most important allegiance is to her heart.

It is 1776, and all along the eastern seaboard the American struggle for independence rages. But in the British-held southern port of Mobile, Alabama, the conflict brewing is much quieter--though no less deadly.

Lyse Lanier may be largely French in heritage, but she spends most of her time in the company of the ebullient daughter of the British commander of Mobile. When a charming young Spanish merchant docks in town, Lyse is immediately struck by his easy wit and flair for the dramatic. But is he truly who he makes himself out to be? Spies abound, and Spain has yet to choose a side in the American conflict. Is Lyse simply an easy mark for Rafael Gonzalez to exploit? Or are his overtures of love as genuine as Spanish gold?

With spectacular detail that brings the cultural gumbo of the Colonial Gulf Coast alive, Beth White invites you to step into a world of intrigue and espionage from a little-known slice of the American Revolutionary War.


My Review:
I was a little hesitant starting this book because the first book in this series I found to be pretty dry. So it was to my pleasant surprise to find myself totally immersed in The Creole Princess. Rafa and Lyse were both characters that I really admired and thought were well written. Their relationship with each other was sweet with witty comments from both.The only thing I would have liked better is if the periods of time that passed between chapters had been shortened. Months would literally go by in a page and I just don't really care for that. But it's difficult for an author to write a book to everyone's taste so it really wasn't that big a deal. I wasn't interested in continuing to read this series after the first book but after giving it a second try I will be on the lookout for the next book when it comes out. :)

My Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐
Note: I received this book through NetGalley. http://netgalley.com

No comments :

Post a Comment