Fairy Tales / The Healer's Apprentice

April is here already! Seems like the year just began yet in reality it's already a quarter into it. I'm sure no one wants that reminder so I'll end that subject. :) I've been trying to get this review posted for almost two weeks now. Finally getting this posted is a happy checkmark on my mental list of things to do. It's a long list for all those interested but before I get sidetracked and start listing them I'd better mention a bit about today's review. It's called The Healer's Apprentice and the author is Melanie Dickerson. This is the last book by her that we're going to review... currently. (She has more books that have either just come out or are in the process and I know I'll want to review those sometime :) I haven't decided what book series to review next so if anyone has suggestions I'd definitely be open to them.

Enjoy the beginning of warm Spring weather!




Book Title: The Healer's Apprentice
Series: Book 1 of the Hagenheim / Fairy Tale Romance
Author: Melanie Dickerson

Description:
Two Hearts. One Hope.

Rose has been appointed as a healer’s apprentice at Hagenheim Castle, a rare opportunity for a woodcutter’s daughter like her. While she often feels uneasy at the sight of blood, Rose is determined to prove herself capable. Failure will mean returning home to marry the aging bachelor her mother has chosen for her—a bloated, disgusting merchant who makes Rose feel ill. When Lord Hamlin, the future duke, is injured, it is Rose who must tend to him. As she works to heal his wound, she begins to understand emotions she’s never felt before and wonders if he feels the same. But falling in love is forbidden, as Lord Hamlin is betrothed to a mysterious young woman in hiding. As Rose’s life spins toward confusion, she must take the first steps on a journey to discover her own destiny.

My Review:
Rose and Lord Hamlin made such a cute couple in this book. But then again, all of the other characters in the rest of the series do too, so that should come as no surprise. Rose was a super sweet girl and Lord Hamlin was, well, the Prince Charming girls dream about. :) The plot was enchanting but I guessed it in the first few chapters. It seemed pretty obvious, but that was okay for me. The evil villain, Moncore was pretty, well, to sum it up, evil. It's not my favorite thing to read about a sorcerer sending demons into someone so that was a down point for me. The overall story was good but it would have been much better if it didn't deal with black magic and demons--a warning to others who don't like those sort of things either.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

No comments :

Post a Comment