Hearts of Faith Series / Book 2

This week's book is called The Doctor's Lady and is the second in our current series. Actually, it should have been last week's book but I was really busy last week. I've found that as you grow up the time seems to slip by faster. When I was in the single digits I never to seemed to lack time. Now, in my teens, it's like the days are passing by in a hurried blur. I used to think Friday, (my favorite day of the week then, because we got to stay up late and play games as a family) never came soon enough. I don't think that thought much anymore.


This picture is available as a desktop background on this link: Desktop Backgrounds
Hopefully I will have the next Time in the Limelight posted tomorrow but if not then definitely by Sunday. The characters will be Priscilla White and Eli Ernest from The Doctor's Lady.
 
Have a great "rest of the week"!
.



Book Title: The Doctor's Lady
Author: Jody Hedlund
Series: Hearts of Faith (Book #2)

Description: Priscilla White knows she'll never be a wife or mother and feels God's call to the mission field in India. Dr. Eli Ernest is back from Oregon Country only long enough to raise awareness of missions to the natives before heading out West once more. But then Priscilla and Eli both receive news from the mission board: No longer will they send unmarried men and women into the field.

Left scrambling for options, the two realize the other might be the answer to their needs. Priscilla and Eli agree to a partnership, a marriage in name only that will allow them to follow God's leading into the mission field. But as they journey west, this decision will be tested by the hardships of the trip and by the unexpected turnings of their hearts.



My Review: When I learned that this book was based on the life of Marcus and Narcissa Whitman, missionaries to the Oregon Indians, I was excited to read it. Once I started the book I couldn't put it down and finished it rather quickly. Jody Hedlund's writing gave a nice glimpse into what it was probably like to travel west in the nineteenth century. It's almost impossible nowadays to imagine the difficulties involved. I especially liked The Doctor's Lady because it was historically-based and a Christian fiction/romance--an all around well written book.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Would I recommend this book: Yes. Especially for others like me who enjoy books written with: an nineteenth century theme, historical base, romance, and an interesting plot.

*Note: The Doctor's Lady is loosely based on the life and accounts of Marcus and Narcissa Whitman. For more information read the author's note at the end of the book.

No comments :

Post a Comment